My sweet husband surprised me yesterday by leaving me an early birthday card when he went to work. He told me I couldn't open it. Later when he knew I was out at the church, he left a phone message letting me know that I COULD actually open it whenever I wanted to. I have a few kinks left in my ability to delay gratification, so I had the card opened by the time Rob's phone message was finishing up. :) Inside was some cash. Quite a bit of cash, actually. The card said, "This is only half your present." I figured (with joy!) that the money was for me to go buy some badly needed clothing, but had no clue what the other 'half' was. When Rob came home he told me that yes, the money IS for clothes. The other half is that he took my entire birthday (tomorrow) off work, arranged for my mom to take care of the kids, and he's TAKING me shopping for the day...lunch at the Forks included. I AM PUMPED. An unrushed shopping trip?? UNHEARD OF! All day alone with my best friend?!? SWEET!! I feel so blessed.
p.s. thanks, Mom and Dad Balfour, for pitching in!!
p.p.s. I just discovered the joys of Adobe Photoshop today. Call me a Neanderthal. Here's a couple more photos. Then I'll quit. I promise.

3 comments:
Wow! That's an awesome present! I'm even excited! Hope you have an awesome day with your best friend! Dates rock!
Sounds like a total blast, hope you have a rockin' good time with your man, kid free. Happy Birthday to YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jacki!! What an awesome day - good job, Rob. Hope you enjoy hanging out - just the 2 of you!
Post a Comment