Joshua has been a very busy little boy this past week. Three events occurred that will change his life forever:
1. He sprouted his first tooth!! (You can't actually see it in the picture but I tried.) I have absolutely NO idea why that little fact causes such a thrill of joy to surge through my being, but it does. Feeling that jagged little razor sticking through his swollen little gum…I don’t know, there’s nothing quite like it! I find myself wondering if God doesn’t feel the same way when we mature in our faith...and develop the 'teeth' to understand His Word better and live it out! (see Hebrews 5:11-14)3. He’s eating solids! Okay, well, I actually tried starting him on solids a couple weeks ago (even though it’s considered early in this day and age) but he wasn’t ready. Now he most certainly is…and he’s also very enthusiastic! He is one hungry little monkey who continues to grow chunkier by the day (which I didn’t know was possible). Here’s what he thinks of his sweet potatoes:
So there’s the latest on our chunky little fellow. Next task at hand: teaching Joshua to sit on his own so that his chin will stop resting on his wet drooly chest and getting all rashy.
p.s. I just have to add a big WOOOHOOO for my friend Elly Schoepp who has just informed me that she and her family will most likely be able to come to the Okanagan for a visit while we're there in June!!! It will be quite the experience to introduce our four children who've never met! (Elianna and James carpooled together in the womb, however. They are already bonded. :) Click on the "Jed and Elly" link on my sidebar and check out their adorable little guys!
1 comment:
Kiera still hasn't rolled over yet, except once by accident a couple of months ago. Oh well, at least she's getting good at the sitting thing!
Post a Comment