Rob and I had a wonderful time on my all-day birthday date...despite the fact that we had one of our worst nights with Joshua EVER the night before (growth spurt? teething? constipation? all of the above? We may never know). On our way out of town to the city we stopped at Superstore and bought a 2L bottle of Pepsi and some cups and used that as our fuel for the day. We consume very small amounts of caffeine on a regular basis so this did the trick!! Here's Rob and I at the Forks doing our very best not to look completely zonked:

We ended up looking quite psychotic. This one was a bit more normal, though it was still pretty sad how hard we had to try to make our eyes look fully open:

We bummed around the Forks for a while...

...and then had a "more-fun-than-tasty" lunch at a restaurant called Beachcombers (we had a lot of fun, the food wasn't as great as it could have been.) We sat side by side in a booth facing the restaurant and analyzed a table full of people we were convinced HAD to be teachers out on a lunch. I wish we would have asked. They just HAD to be teachers.

Dessert: FUDGE. Enough said.

We tried to go outside by the river but it was way too cold!! BUMMER! Even the birds were looking chilly:

Here's Rob contemplating how much fun we were having. It was so refreshing to have a day to ourselves.

After that we got down to business and went SHOPPING!! Rob was such a trooper. He waited patiently while I tried on every single shirt in the mall (and bought NONE...is it just me or is it next to impossible to find something semi-modest that also doesn't show off one's post-second-pregnancy puddle of a stomach?) The best part of the shopping trip was the bathing suit. I found a suitable bathing suit at one of those over-priced swim stores (man I hate swimsuit shopping!) but decided to put it on hold. It was $84. Next we went to Sears where they were having this "one day only" sale...and in the middle of this rack...da da-da DA! The exact same swimsuit...for $47!!! That felt like a blessing straight from the Lord! We were stoked. I got a bunch of other stuff I needed (shorts, a hat for those mornings where the hair ain't workin', sandals, etc...) but no t-shirts. So I guess I'll have to go shopping again. SHOOT. :)
We were definitely pooped by the end of the day but like I said...what a wonderful date. It's so great to realize that you still love hanging out alone, that you can have a blast and laugh together without your kids, and that you're still in love...nearly 6 years and 2 kids later.
Thanks, God.
3 comments:
That's really awesome! What a blessing!!
Yay for the swimsuit! Those are always the worst to buy! Too bad about no shirts- I haven't really been to the mall yet this year, but it looked like tubetop-haven from what I did see. Not helpful at all! Is Joshua doing better since? Katie had a really off day today too, and I'm thinking it's teething. Oh the joys! I'm so glad you guys had a fun date. They are so important now that we're all old married people! :)
I'm craving one of those dates right now.
Post a Comment