Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy 1 Month Lil' Guy!

I am astonished that a whole month has passed since we met Joshua...it has felt much more like a couple days...and an awesome couple days at that. I am in love with my boy. I have yet to capture it on camera, but this week he began social smiling and melted my heart into an even bigger pile of mush than it was before. He also pretty much seems to have passed his gas phase of life and suddenly we have this calm, snuggable, SCHEDULED baby in our home. Scheduled! (this mama loooves her schedules. :) I have to take a moment to say PRAISE THE LORD... Having a crying, gassy baby is hard on a mom when she just wants to make everything better but can't (although I found an remarkable amount of grace in those wee hours of the night). We asked the Lord to make this phase of Joshua's life go quickly and I truly believe he answered our prayers. So glory to Him. I am so blessed by my wee boy. Happy 1 month, Lil' Guy!



"I'm tired, ma! Give me my soo soo!"

1 comment:

jed_elly said...

jacki - i'm glad to hear about the gassy phase being over...i think eli is in the middle of one (less intense than yours, by the sounds of it, buy gassy none the less). i can't believe it's been a month (almost for eli)! so fast. are you back yo normal eating? would you or did you put josh on his tummy to sleep? that's one position that seems to be comfortable for eli at times but 'they' are really against it...what do you think?
by the way - he is a VERY cute one-month-old!