Lately I can't get this song out of my head called, "Seasons of Change". True to my nature, I don't know any of the words except for "Yeah, it's just another season of change, just some time for our hearts to rearrange..." but it plays over and over again in my head. Because it feels like that's precisely the sort of season we're in. Here's a little update on all things changing, big or little:

1. Probably the biggest change in our lives has to do with our church. This coming Sunday after much prayer and God's leading, we're "multiplying" into two congregations. We pretty much fill up our church building every Sunday, and by separating into two smaller congregations we'll be making room for more people. So now there'll be a congregation that meets at 9, and one that meets at 11. (This isn't two services...this is actually two different groups of people meeting.) This might not seem like a huge deal to some, but it really is. Rob and I are full of anticipation of what the Lord is going to do ... especially because it feels as though we'll be picking up more responsibilities . We're really excited...and a little sad because there'll be people we love that we'll see less often. I'm particularly pumped that Rob will be preaching more often (about once a month) because I get to see the most amazing side of my husband when he's up there doing what God has gifted him in and called him to do. It fills me to the brim!

2. I'm going back to work on October 6! When my former boss asked if I'd like to come back, I was unsure. Last year before my mat leave I had been working every Wednesday and Friday evening as well as every Saturday (all day) which left us with a very very short weekend. Now, with two kids, family time is more important than ever! Well, it turns out that they switched my shifts to Mondays and Wednesdays and every OTHER Saturday, and they'll up my wage to make up for the fewer hours!! So now I am very excited to go back, because mom-hood is even richer when you get the chance to miss your kids for a few hours here and there.

3. My sister's due with her second baby on October 7...my second niece or nephew. I am super pumped about this, particularly because I was living in BC when my first niece, Regan, was born. I get to be here this time! I am EXCITED!

4. This one was going to be about Ellie officially dropping her naps (again)...but as I type this post she's....sleeping. The first nap in at least three weeks. So maybe I'll save that for a later date. :) Go figure!

5. We finally SNIPPED Ellie's bedtime soother last week which went WAY smoother than I expected, considering we waited so long to do it. And in the next couple weeks we'll be switching her to a big girl bed...unlike the soother, waiting this long to switch to a bed was very intentional! I think she'll love it (she climbs in all her friends beds and pretends to sleep when we go visit) so I'm looking forward to this transition.

6. Josh is working on his 8th tooth! He is also practicing his waving, though currently he just lifts his hand in the air and smiles at it. He also likes to take cars and airplanes and hold them up in the air until we notice him and make car/plane sounds at him. Not the hugest deal, but it's fun and exciting seeing our little baby turn into a more interactive little boy.

7. We've just started a new study on Galatians/Ephesians at our women's bible study Monday mornings and it's really really hard for me, because it's really in-depth. I'm a skimmer, don't-read-the-titles, skip-to-the-end-of-the-book-if-you-can't-handle-the-suspense kinda girl. But as I sit down and plug away at my 'homework', I'm learning so so much straight from God's word and it's incredibly life-giving.
8. Ellie's starting dance classes at our church on Monday! Her first classes of her life. She is so excited, and I am too. I guess excitement is the theme of this post.

9. Ellie just learned to use scissors. Perhaps that's not the hugest deal, except for the fact that if I ever EVER leave a pair lying around, you can bet your bottom dollar that if no one's looking, Ellie WILL cut her hair. She wants to be a hairdresser one day.
1o. Pictures! I've been getting blessed with many opportunities to take family and baby photos for different friends, and although the results are definitely amateur, it makes my cup overflow...I heart cameras!!!
11. It's fall. The leaves are changing colours. I absolutely love spring and fall because if you hadn't guessed by now...
I really love seasons of change.
p.s. I ended my last post by asking all 'lurkers' to respond to a question. I guess I have no lurkers!! And if I do, they ought to feel guilty for making me believe that no one reads my blog. :)
p.p.s. A "lurker" is someone who often reads a blog but never/rarely leaves a comment. Rob thought I should explain that.
10 comments:
Hi Jacki,
What church do you guys go to? A dance class at a church - haven't heard of that before. Glad she enjoys it though.
I love to hear Craig preach and wish that he would have the opportunity to do it more. Glad to hear that Rob has this opportunity.
Fall is my favorite season . . .
so Happy Fall to you!
Hi!
Thanks for the comment on our site! It's so nice to go through the same things together! I was talking with my friend Nancy about the whole "destroying room/screaming must be rejuvinating" thing, and she had an interesting idea- that perhaps they're being overstimulated. That cutting with sissors or playing with playdough is equivilent to cramming for an exam or intensely studying something very complex- very tirering! Aiden has also gone back to taking naps every few days but I'm not a big fan of this new schedule- too feast and famine in terms of rest and attitude! So yeah, I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to stop him from doing these super exciting things that he loves, but neither can I handle these intense grumpies! (Although, we're thinking some of it the last few days is his allergy medication- so maybe that will help enough.)
Take care!
Hug Karla's belly for me!
A few comments this time...
I too love seeing my hubbie up there preaching his heart out! I can understand your "fills me to the brim" comment about the way it makes you feel!
Your new work schedule sounds like quite the blessing! That's so awesome!
I too love seasons of change! Fall is my favorite season and I love beginnings and endings!
And lastly, I don't consider myself a lurker...as I tend to comment =) And I didn't know an answer to the question because days aren't the same day to day around here! So, I just couldn't think of something unique that would fall into the daily category!
Blessings and I love reading how excited you are in this season!
I think you know I read your blog, but I rarely ever comment, so I guess that makes me a lurker. :) Thanks again for taking photos of Justice - we love them! That's amazing that Josh is getting his 8th tooth! Justice got his bottom 2 at 4 1/2 months, but then no more in the last 2 months?? It was great hanging out with you last week - wish we could do it more often!
Heyo Jacki - I try not to be a lurker, am I a lurker? Anyway, I do enjoy your blog and check almost daily for updates... maybe that makes me a stalker...???
I think you should be required to get authorization before posting pregnant belly pictures of your sister on the Internet...
I'm a lurker :) I did however answer you question from your previous post on my blog *lol*...
I'll chime in with the others and agree that seeing/hearing my husband preach is so wonderful and really, like you said, fills me up.
Seasons of change are exciting! When it comes to actual seasons, I'm a summer lover!
Hope we don't end up reading a post about Ellie's new haircut!
Jacki, I saw the comment you left on Kathy's blog and I highly recommend reading the rest of "The Shack" even though you peeked at the end. There's a lot of AMAZING stuff in there (I think I filled 4 notebook pages with quotes from it)!
hey jacki - i guess i've been a lurker lately - but i haven't always...things just seem more busy than usual and i don't seem to have time...blah blah blah. you don't want to hear my excuses. i know. eli just cut his 8th tooth too. he started crawling less than a week ago. it's so cute - he looks like such a puppy. your kids are adorable. i love all the pictures. this week i'll get some more recent ones up for ya. promise.
hey Jacki... long post. not really sure i can comment on everything that i read. But here are a few:
1. I am glad Rob will get to preach more - would love to hear him sometime! :)
2. It's exciting you are going back to work. Hope you enjoy it!
3. Snipped the paci, huh? Yeah, we still need to do that...
Love you guys,
cheryl
Post a Comment