Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ellie-isms Part III

Ellie woke up this morning and told me she had something in her nose (mucus, namely :) and has had watery eyes and a runny nose all day. It's been so long since she's been sick, I forgot how awful it makes me feel when there's nothing I can really do to make it better. I'm so thankful for healthy kids. Anyhow, some recent Ellie-isms for y'all:Ellie was pretty proud of her new pencil crayon storage spot. "Look mommy. The giraffe has really long boogers!"
When putting Ellie to sleep at night she'll often request a song that we've never heard of. If we're not feeling particularly creative that evening, the conversation will go a little like this:
Ellie: "Sing the lamp song, Mommy."
Mommy: "I don't know that song. Pick another one."
Ellie: "Paweeeeeeeeease sing the lamp song! Paweeeeeease!"
Mommy: "I really don't know that song! You'll have to sing it, Ellie."
Ellie: "No YOU sing it!"
Mommy (starting to giggle): "I just don't know it, Ellie! Pick another one."
Ellie: "Paweeeeeeeease the lamp one??!!!"
Mommy: "Twinkle twinkle little star...."

Conversation at breakfast last week:
Rob: "Ellie, you have a cornflake stuck to your cheek like a big mole."
Ellie: "I'm not a mole, I'm Ellie!"
Rob: "I didn't say you ARE a mole. I said you HAVE a mole. There's a difference."
Ellie: "I'm not a difference, I'm Ellie!"
If she says _____ she really means_______:
"paper map" -- paper towel
"ferris wheel" -- wheel barrow
"band aid" -- a head band
"sunscreen" -- the screen door
"put me in a suitcase" -- tuck her in real tight for night

1 comment:

Elleah said...

Put me in a suitcase...that is so cute!