Since this is a bit rare, I thought I'd make the most of it and actually type something. Things around here are going really really good, considering the tremendous life change that took place this week. We have thus far been blessed with a baby who sleeps the most at NIGHT! Huh! (Didn't expect that one). This of course can change, but in the meantime I am loving it. Not that I'm getting all that much sleep anyways. The post-labor contractions from this pregnancy have been somewhat excruciating, often keeping me awake. Even still. I lie there and thank the Lord that at least I have a sleeping baby and soon I will sleep too. Joshua is a sweetie pie. He is melting people's hearts all over Steinbach (well, at church and at my parents' place anyways). He eats like a champion (even keeping up with my psycho milk let-down) and well...pees like one too, I guess! (He's already nailed Rob smack dab in the face with his fountain of pee.) Ellie is taking her new role as a big sister in stride. She mostly ignores Joshua and plays as usual (although has become strangely independent in group settings) but will come and kiss his head if he's crying and asks where he is when he's not around.
There is a lot of peace in our house right now. I can't totally tell if that's because we're too tired to do anything but talk in hushed voices and move slowly, or if it's the grace of God. I think it's the grace of God. Having Joshua makes everything feel very full and wonderful.
It sounds as though Ellie may bust through her crib any second. I better go tell her that she's napping till she's 4 years old so she may as well give in and go to sleep. Talk to you next time I have two empty hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment