Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Betcha didn't know you had buns on your back!

So as I've previously mentioned, one of Ellie's all-time favorite toys right now is her doctor's kit. That, along with her "Elmo goes to the Doctor" movie and her "Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor" library book, you have a downright doctor's obsession happening in our home (too bad she still hates going there in real life). Anyhow, for the last couple days Ellie's been putting her 'eh scope" (stethescope) on her heart, her face, etc to check and make sure she's okay. But I was always very puzzled when she'd proceed to put the stethescope on her lower back and say, "Buns". For one, there are no 'buns' in that spot, and for two, even if she was meaning her BUM, we never use the term 'buns' in our home. I was confused. So this morning I paid closer attention to her 'Elmo Visits the Doctor' movie and sure enough, at one point Ellie starts saying, "BUNS! BUNS!"

LUNGS.

Of course! Buns...lungs. How could I have missed THAT? :)