So Micah's figured out he's a third born child, and desperate to prove that he too can participate in the jolly chaos of the home, has adopted a new face:
Boy does that face make us giggle!
He uses is for all sorts of attention getting...like when he's in the church nursery and spots me through the window. On one particular Sunday most of the row behind me was holding in their laughter as this little clown stared me down with this face. HOW could I NOT go pick him up?
He's also learned to use this face for evil and not for good by becoming the 'class clown', so to speak.
"Micah!" I say sweetly, secretly...okay, not so secretly... hoping Micah will learn to talk one day because we ignore him so often, "Micah, say MA. MA. Mama. Say Mama!"
Micah:
"No Micah, that's super cute and silly, but say 'Mama'. C'mon! MAMA! Mama!"
Micah:
He gets us every time. He's been doing it for two weeks and we still laugh.
I truly thought that he'd forever think that the goof face and 'mama' were one and the same ...
I truly thought that he'd forever think that the goof face and 'mama' were one and the same ...
Until yesterday. He said it! "Mom. Mom. Mom." He had a plugged nose so I wondered if that had something to do with it and it was some sort of fluke. He still has a plugged nose, and it could still be a fluke, except he says it when I pick him up and he hugs me and touches my hair and says, "Mom. Mom. Mom." And suddenly all those wiggly diaper changes and sleepless nights and shnotty noses and food on the floor and puked on shirts are just WORTH it. He knows who loves him.
Mom.
True, I'd prefer 'Mama' or 'Mommy' or something that indicates he's 11 months old and not a small, army-crawling teenager, but hey, beggars can't be choosers! :)
And so...stubborn mom wins again!
P.S. That was supposed to be the end of this post...but then Micah added a new element to this act.
Ladies and gentleman, I give you
Funny Face Meets Dinner and a Nasty Cold Virus! :
Check out the snot mixed with spaghetti sauce. Yummy.
Dinner is great, Ma! Just great!
I love you to the moon and back, Micah!







1 comment:
SO cute + funny! :)
Post a Comment