
For the July long weekend a bunch of Rob's extended family came out for a little bit of a family reunion. We had such a great time hanging out with Rob's brothers in particular, especially because we get to see them so rarely. I was a little bit surprised but incredibly blessed at how LITTLE I had to do all weekend!! Talk about doting uncles. It was so wonderful to watch. Above is Rob's twin Tom with Joshua.

Rob's older brother James sharing a moment with his nephew.

Meeting so many new people pushed Ellie's memory to the max, and occasionally she resorted to calling James, "That guy". But she really loved That Guy.

Joshua trying to pluck Uncle Farzad's whiskers. Uncle Farzad really has a gift with kids!

Uncle Tom playing dolls with Ellie. If you think that's heroic...

...well, this isn't a photo of the actual incident, but it does represent it fairly well. On Sunday before we left for church Ellie was playing by the pool, scooping water into a cup and transferring it to other containers on the patio. There were people all around, and we were about to head off for the morning, so she didn't have a life jacket on. I wasn't outside at the time but I was told that she suddenly lost her balance and fell in the pool. Uncle Tom tried to grab her from the side, but when that didn't work, quickly jumped in and lifted her above water so Rob could pull her out. Needless to say, she was a bit traumatized by going under, but loves to retell the story over and over! And even though it's become a bit of a joke, Rob and I feel pretty thankful that Tom was so willing and quick to jump in and save our daughter's life!! What an uncle! We love our brothers.
3 comments:
Oh scary! Hurray for Tom!
It's scary how similar the twins are! Did they ever play tricks on you? You'd know anyways, eh? Looks like you all are having a great time away. I miss ya, come back soon!
Allison :)
Wow! Looks like a fun trip! I miss you, too!
Post a Comment