Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mom turns...40?

This week was a week of parties for us. Two of Ellie's friends (Mia and Azelin) had birthday parties which were tons of fun. Then on Sunday we celebrated my mom's "special" birthday. It's a very significant number. I won't say which one, lest I not survive the beating. What a perfect day!
After a perfectly miserable rainy, stormy weekend the sun shone brightly, the wind died down, and it the temperature was just right!
Mom suspected something was going to happen (since we all ignored her birthday on June 30 and suddenly my sister Leila from Regina was out), but she didn't really know we'd planned a BBQ at a nearby lake. We decided against a big party because Mom is more a small family party kind of lady.
I couldn't be more grateful for my mom. Not only does her love for her grandkids bubble over all the time, but she's one of my best friends.
It was so hard to find a gift that would show mom her value! We settled for a vase, but then put our heads together and made her a list of 50 things we loved about her. (oops, did I give away her age? shoot.) She, of course, had to read it later because she hates crying in front of us. :) Mission accomplished!

Here's some more of the good time had by all (not a lot of comments needed):
(Time out. :)

Happy Belated Birthday Mom!
I love you so much.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Jacki you caved! Jacki, Jacki!!! It's o.k. I forgive you. Looks like you have a great time with your mom.

Jacki said...

Hehe...I knew you'd check! I did it for you!! :) kidding. The kids went to bed so early I figured I had better do it tonight instead of tomorrow. :) There's my excuse.

Kristi said...

Looks like an awesome family time!

Allison said...

I figured you'd go on today, hehe! Better stay off tomorrow, lol! Be good.