Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ellie-isms Part II

The lines from Ellie just keep-a coming!
(beware: potty language ahead. if you're eating, put the food down.)
The other day after having a poop in the potty, Ellie decided to look in and see what she'd done. "WOAH!" She exclaimed, "Looks like BEEF!"
On another occasion, Ellie walked upstairs without her shirt on, looking down at her torso. "Look at my nipples, Mommy!" she says, "They're so cute and bright!"

Yesterday was one of Joshua's worst days ever. I've long since stopped trying to figure out WHAT exactly ails him on days like yesterday, pray for loads of patience, and do lots of cuddling. Well, I must say, my patience was wearing rather thin as he continued to fuss, and then Ellie began to fuss too. So in desperation I said to Ellie, "Ellie, I think you need to pray for me. I think I'm going to lose it!"
Ellie didn't miss a beat. She folded her hands, sang a loud rendition of "Jesus loves me" and then prayed, "Lord Jesus, please bless my mommy. And Doshua. And please give her peace."
AMEN! I couldn't have asked for more myself.

The other morning I told Ellie she could dress herself:
And this is what she came up with!


Everything lately is, "do it myself", which is actually kind of nice...especially because we're having to help Ellie less and less on the potty. This is Ellie's pants put on by herself...inside out. Nice plumbers crack, too.

I absolutely love this age.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love Ellie's prayer! That's awesome!

Kimberly said...

That is so sweet (the prayer, well the bum crack is sweet too!)