Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Watcha Readin'?

If you were to come into our master bedroom right now, and somehow found the grace to look past my unmade bed, the earplug on the floor...the used diaper tossed into the corner of the room in the middle of a recent night...and the pile of baby clothes waiting to be organized...and decided to examine the books on my night table, you'd probably be able to pretty much guess where I'm at in life right now. This is what you would find (I find it impossible to read one book at a time):

1. "Love is a Decision" by Gary Smalley...learning to love unconditionally.
2. "It's Not About Me" by Max Lucado...self-explanatory!
3. "The Bathtub is Overflowing but I feel Drained: How to Defeat Mommy Stress." By Lysa Terkeurst...again, no explanation needed!
4. "Have a New Kid by Friday" Dr. Kevin Leman ...such a good book! Every mom should have a copy! Teachers too!
5. "A Season of Grace" by Bette Nordberg. A novel - really easy, enjoyable read.
6. The Bible. Enough said.

There's me. How about you guys? What do the books on your night table say about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't keep them in my bedroom. The book beside my bathtub is "Women who run with the wolves" which basically says "I refuse to shave my legs" the book in my backpack is "The sins of scripture" which says "I look forward to stimulating conversations with strangers" And the book which travels to which ever room I'm in "Fray: Future Slayer" which says "Yes, I AM a superhero, and very soon I will be able to see my abs."

Jacki said...

HAHA!! I'm so blessed to have a hairy-legged superhero conversationalist for a sister. You crack me up.

Kristi said...

Let's see...I have a number of books at the bedside and on the dresser that I'm in the process. Quite a number! Healing by Smith Wigglesworth, Entirety by Dana Candler (all about being wholehearted in our love for God), The Rewards of Fasting by Mike Bickle and Dana Candler, The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W Tozer, Bible Doctrine by Wayne Grudem and Sex Begins in the Kitchen by Dr.Kevin Leman too!

Allison said...

Nothing too intense. You know me. Let's see "The Bathtub is Overflowing but I feel Drained." You gave it to me. "The Power of A Positive Mom"...Devotional & Journal by Karol Ladd", "Chicken Soup for the Mother of Preschooler's Soul" by a bunch of Authors. And The One Year "Devotions for Moms" by Elwell. There not by my bedside there everywhere.