

Joshua has adopted this garage-sale-find giraffe as his new favorite toy. It seems to be a source of inspiration to him...he's working real hard to learn how to roll over, usually in the effort to get a good grip on the giraffe to give it a good chomp on the head.

Note Ellie using the opportunity of me being distracted by Josh's almost-roll to call some foreign country.

Got it!

Ellie teaching Josh how to call long-distance.

Josh is quite happy to be sitting as much as possible these days..though I think it will still be a couple months before he can do it on his own. He often tries to do sit ups while he's laying flat on his back. Before we know it he'll have abs of steel, like his Auntie Leila.

And in other news...I am officially calling Ellie POTTY TRAINED! I still need to remind her to go, but now instead of pooping in her panties (unless we're quicker than her and run her to the potty)...she tells us, "Ellie poopy in panties" with a big smile like it's a joke. And we say, "Gotta go to the potty?" And she RUNS there yelling all the way and we have success!! She has very few pee accidents. So now she only really needs diapers for nap and bedtime and the occasional long outing! I'm so thankful that this turned out to be a lot easier than I expected...we were eager to start saving money on diapers. Thanks Lord!
2 comments:
Yesterday Kiley made a 90 degree turn on her back on the floor. And she is also trying to roll over. It just seems like over night they learn new things. Congrats on Ellie being potty train. It must be an exciting new phase. Those little buns in panties must be sooooo cute. And ya the money you'll save. See you tonight!
That's awesome about Ellie!
Post a Comment