Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hot Date

Today and Rob and I are going on a hot Valentine's date. What? You say Valentine's day was 2 weeks ago? We must have missed it while doing industrial-sized loads of puke-covered laundry, boiling thrush-covered soothers and droppers, or maybe while Ellie was coughing up huge disgusting phlegm wads everywhere. No matter. Tonight is DATE night and I'm stoked. Here's how you do date night on a budget - stay in Steinbach, for one, since gas is 113 cents a litre (that's insanity!). Get mom and dad to babysit (thanks mom and dad!). Go to Sawney Beans for the best chicken fingers ever (that's the only part that costs money). Then go to a play. Okay, so it's a high school play (Cinderella), and yeah, we got free tickets from my brother-in-law who teaches there, but HEY! Dinner and a play! Sounds awesome, doesn't it? I'm pretty excited. I hope to refrain from talking about my new yeast-reduced diet (to try to kick this thrush thing) or scheduling Joshua or what to do about Ellie's new, uh, personality traits, as she nears her 2-year birthday... and just enjoy my wonderful, fun, and loving husband. I am a truly blessed woman to have Rob as my husband and best friend. Bring on the chicken fingers!!
Rob regaling Joshua with his many faces.
Rob enjoying his favorite new pastime - tax prep. (I'm not joking, folks.)
Reading stories with Ellie. This man is seriously an awesome dad.

2 comments:

Mills' Memoirs said...

Hi Jacki! Congratulations on you little man! What a cutie. I can totally relate to the whole thrush battle: both of my kids had problems with that. Not fun. I hope it goes away soon! Aren`t date nights so wonderful? I hope you had a great time.

Kristi said...

Have a wonderful date! That is great!