At three o'clock this morning when I was nursing Joshua I thought back to yesterday's post and realized that it was a really negative and whiny sounding post. Much more negative and whiny than I actually feel. So I decided to counteract my doom and gloom with a post of thankfulness.
I am thankful for my crazy, busy life as a mom of teeny babes, remembering that it will fly by before I'm ready.
I am thankful for my little girl, currently pretending to brush her magnetic Mr.Potato head's teeth.
I'm thankful for my little guy, warming my heart today with his big purple smile, mouth all stained with Gentian Violet (latest thrush cure).
I'm thankful for the sun streaming in my window.
I'm thankful I don't have to go out in the cold today.
That I got my dishes done!
That my husband has a job with excellent benefits so we don't have to worry about buying medication.
That I HAVE a husband! A wonderful, tenderhearted one.
That I have a God who gives me strength for each day, and joy in the chaos.
That I have LIFE.
There. Can I get an amen? :)
2 comments:
You can get an amen from me! And for the record....I totally didn't think it sounded negative, just honest!
That's awesome! I've been on a thankfulness "kick" lately which will hopefully turn into a longterm attitude and it just makes bad situations seem not quite as bad when you focus on all the good stuff!
Post a Comment