Treasuring the blessings, one by one...
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and here's the un-news: I am now TWO tiny centimetres dialated (as my sister Karla encouraged me, only 6 more weeks to go, at 1 cm per week!), my stomach has shrunk from 40 cm to 37 which is GREAT because it means the baby has lowered (not like I couldn't tell by the head stuck in my pelvis) and my right leg is 1 cm thicker than my left, because of the beauties of water retention. It'll be nice to pee that all out. It's pouring rain outside and I've resorted to listening to books on tape to pass the time. Actually, when I'm not hit by waves of impatience or discomfort (like you may have picked up on in my last couple entries), it's been a blessing to have a time of quietness and rest, and time to put everything - my house, my heart, my friendship with God - in order. There's so much peace in deciding to trust Him to bring the baby at the right time - He knows when the three of us are as ready as we'll ever be to have our lives radically changed forever. :) Thank you God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jackie! 2 cm, first time mom and not in labor is actually a great place to start. Some women come in, laboring for a while, in need of pain meds and their cervix is closed! That sure sucks! So, you've got a head start before labor even starts! Keep that in mind!
I'm with Kristi on that one! Waiting must be hard, especially with a dropped baby- ooh I don't think I'll ever forget that feeling! Aiden was early but also sick when he was born, didn't know how to eat and was breathing funny. I'll be praying that your very well done baby will be happy and healthy and hungry!
Post a Comment