I have an overwhelming amount of 'summer fun' type photos that I'd like to post for my in-laws' sakes :) but the key word there is OVERWHELMING. So while I work up the courage to jump into that project, let me divert your attention to...
the Lighter Side of Things.
We were driving to Superstore one day when Rob asked me a question about the pharmacy drive-through. No clue what it was, but my answer to him was, "I don't have a hot clue."
Rob, "Do you have a cold clue?"
Josh, "I had a cold flu!"
Ellie, "No you DIDN'T! You never threw up!"
Josh, "YES I did! When I was cleaning up the elf!" (Josh smashed a $1 garden gnome to bits and pieces when we weren't looking, and had to clean up all the pieces after, crying the whole time. No puke though.)
Me, "What did you throw up?"
Ellie, "I think he means he had a tenter tamptrun. Tenter tamptrun... tenter..." (looks confused as she tries to explain he threw (up) a temper tantrum).
Josh, "Yeah, because I was upset."
Puking a tantrum in the middle of a cold flu. GOT IT. :)
Even though Micah has already uttered his first words, Ellie and Josh continue to be enthusiastic about all his 'other' first words. For instance,
Micah, in his carseat, "A da da da da da."
Joshy, from the back seat, "MOMMY!!! Mommy! Micah's first words are 'GOD IS FAITHFULNESS!'"
Wow. Smart baby.
What happens when Micah gets left alone in a room with his sister.
I threw together a casserole one evening that ended up having pasta, chicken, broccoli and oregano (among other things). While we were eating Ellie said, "We should name this casserole."
Rob, "How about broc-egano casserole?"
Josh: "How about EYEBALL SPLASH!"
And the winning name is...(drum roll please)...EYEBALL SPLASH!
Josh has appointed himself Ellie's hero lately. She likes to pretend she's falling off one of our swings (with great gusto and drama) and Josh puffs out his chest (seriously) and sprints to stop the swing for her. It makes me giggle every time. (If you compliment him on a job well done he waves his hand and says, "It was noffing, really."
Well, one day Ellie comes down the stairs from her room and again, with eyes wide and voice full of expression she declares, "Mommy. JOSHY is SO BRAVE. He just killed a spider on my wall." Josh comes running in behind her, and in his lowest voice and a forced scowl on his face he gravely agrees, "YEAH. I SAVED her LIFE. I'm a HERO."
You go, Joshy!
Josh started panicking the other day when trying to catch up with Ellie, who had already run into the backyard to play. Looking for his sandals he huffed, "Mommy, I can't find my other flip."
Me: "You've got your flop, then?"
Josh: "No, I've actually got my FLIP but I can't find my FLOP anywhere!"
And lastly, I'll leave you with a good 'ol leg-slapping joke, written by Josh himself:
Q: "Why did the lip jump over the eyelash?
A: "To JOIN THE BAND!"
(Bet ya didn't see that one coming!)
Hope you're all enjoying your summer!!








4 comments:
Love the stories! I think my favorite picture in this post is Micah with the flower headband! :)
always a pleasure reading your blog :)
All the best to and the family!!
Thanks for sharing these stories! I REALLY enjoyed reading them!
I think I can safely say that your blog is the ONLY family-journal-type blog (of many I've read) that I truly am entertained by. I love reading about your real life! It's hilarious. Better than fiction.
Post a Comment