Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Monday, March 02, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Flower Girl (Ellie's perspective)

So on Saturday two of my best adults got married - Uncle Tig and Auntie Doris. People kept calling Tig "Tyler", but I don't really know why. I call him Tig. I was pretty excited that they asked me to be their princess for the day! Here's what happened:
First we drove to Winnipeg. I don't really know what Winnipeg IS, so I asked my mom and dad "Are we at Winnipeg?" at least 30 times that day. They started getting grumpy about that question. We went to the hair salon and I ate my lunch while a lady named "Amanda" did my hair like a princess.
Fluffy watched the whole time. Fluffy is one of my best friends. She helped me keep my attitude good on a pretty long, busy day.
Amanda did a pretty good job!
After we went to Uncle Jon and Auntie Dana's house so we could put on our wedding clothes. I thought Daddy looked just like a prince! (I kinda want to marry him one day)
After I got into my princess dress, mommy made me practice my best fake smile!
Then it was time for the REAL pictures. I thought Doris looked like the most beautiful lady in the world! I really like her.

There were lotttts of people dressed pretty! We were all supposed to smile at the same time. It didn't always work.
One thing neat about Doris is that even though it was her most special day in her life, she always took time to talk to me too:

Uncle Tig is the same way. He calls me his 'niece' even though I'm not! I love that guy.
Here's Daddy looking so handsome again. My mommy made a good choice!

Here he is telling me how pretty he thinks I am (and thinking about how hard he's gonna cry when I get married).
Pictures is HARD WORK!

After pictures we went back to Uncle Jon and Auntie Dana's and I had SO much fun with their puppy Dexter that I TOTALLY ruined my princess hair! Mommy panicked a little bit, and then decided that she'd just put it in a pony tail and let bygones be bygones! Then it was time for my most important job ! Throwing flowers on the white carpet! I did my best and I think I even made my Nana and Grandpa cry some tears of joy.
Then it was time for the reception (and by this time I was pretty tired). I spent most of the time practicing my dance moves, even when I wasn't supposed to. I call the dance floor the 'living room'. Me and the ring bearers had lots of fun chasing each other around! Mommy didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I let out my loudest, most fakest yawn during one of the speeches! Daddy and his friends called the 'groomsmen' were REALLY goofy and made a lot of people laugh and smile.

Uncle Tig and Auntie Doris looked sooo happy together. I think they'll have a happy life, and I sure hope they get me some new 'cousins'! Thanks for inviting me to be your little wedding princess, Tig and Doris! I had a blast!

4 comments:

Elleah said...

That's great! Nice take on it!

Lisa Clark said...

Looks like a big day for Ellie. Cute!

Becky said...

What a beautiful princess! Such a treat to be a flower girl...my daughter would LOVE to be one (since she heard about what it was from her cousin)...flowers and dresses: what could be better?

Allison said...

Thanks for the story.