Aside from the random bad teething day (Joshua is STILL working on all four eye teeth) Joshua is a super happy, super goofy, affectionate little guy. He makes all of us laugh all the time, and enjoys a good snuggle, especially before bed. When we're in public he'll still become quite serious and watch everyone else, but at home he often steals the show! I think he has Rob's sense of humor - you only get to see the full, ridiculous extent of it if you know Rob really well. For instance - Joshua loves to tease Ellie by poking her in the face (often she laughs, other times it's hugely offensive) :
Joshua enjoys watching videos with Ellie, but isn't capable of sitting safely on a chair yet. So he's adopted the diaper drawer as his new video-watching post:
Joshua loooves to talk as much as his sister. It can get awful loud at our dinner table! The only thing is, most of Joshua's words consist of once syllable: "Ahhhhhhh!" in every different tone. He really believes he's telling us a story. Here he is pointing to the cars outside and 'telling' me about them:
He has about 15 actual words in his vocabulary (including "Hiyeee" (hi),"joojoo" (choo choo) and "bapa" (Grandpa)), but his annunciation is pretty terrible, and he mostly enjoys doing animal sounds. He usually gets too excited about what he's going to say to actually say it clearly. It's quite amusing!
Have I mentioned that Joshua excels at temper tantrums? They're short, but they're frequent! When we say 'no' to Joshua he listens, but makes him mad, so he does this quick little yell-and-eat-the-carpet routine. He usually recovers after about 3 seconds and goes on to something else. I'm glad he has a will (it's important for the future!) but I'm also glad that mine is stronger. :)
A few other things Joshua enjoys are:
combing other people's hair (must get that from Ellie):

Drawing (there are pencil crayons everywhere in our house! Yeah, they're sharper than crayons, but at least he can't eat them when I'm not looking) We will often find him laying on the floor drawing all by himself.
And he's also beginning to like dressing up, too. :) He put this necklace on himself and was quite proud!
Often when he's really quiet I'll check on him and find him trying very hard to put on his socks or a hat. He doesn't get frustrated very easily, even though he never gets it. It must be a trait of a second-born...he's not the perfectionist that Ellie can be.
Joshua loves to wrestle, he loves to put toys away (and his stinky diapers, too - he suddenly started cleaning them up on his own!), and he still loves to dance - especially while standing in a shopping cart! He's passionate about rubbing food in his hair, splashing wildly in the tub, and sticking his hands in the toilet.
14 month old Joshua sure adds a lot of color to our lives.
We love you Monkey!
(Good job if you made it to the end of this post :)

Have I mentioned that Joshua excels at temper tantrums? They're short, but they're frequent! When we say 'no' to Joshua he listens, but makes him mad, so he does this quick little yell-and-eat-the-carpet routine. He usually recovers after about 3 seconds and goes on to something else. I'm glad he has a will (it's important for the future!) but I'm also glad that mine is stronger. :)
A few other things Joshua enjoys are:
combing other people's hair (must get that from Ellie):
Drawing (there are pencil crayons everywhere in our house! Yeah, they're sharper than crayons, but at least he can't eat them when I'm not looking) We will often find him laying on the floor drawing all by himself.
14 month old Joshua sure adds a lot of color to our lives.
We love you Monkey!
(Good job if you made it to the end of this post :)
3 comments:
I made it to the end! I personally enjoy hearing about your little man :) (I brag about mine enough too)
it helps that you're a great writer, and I like to compare personalities with Josh's friend here, Caleb!
Cute! What a character!
Post a Comment