We go outside! To PLAY. For the first time in 2 months.

We learn that it's okay...and FUN...to sit in a snow bank!

And how to climb a 'snow mountain'...with a little help.

When it ain't minus 130 degrees anymore, we discover the joy of pelting Daddy with snowballs...


And that it's pretty fun getting pelted back!


Some of us get to really
touch the white stuff for the
first time...

...and discover the good times to be had on a sled!


Butwhen the drool on our chin begins to form into an icicle, we pack it in and hope for 'nice' weather again some other day. Hopefully before May.

(Joshua and I came in early because his drool was really beginning to look like a health hazard. Rob and Ellie continued to have a blast until they heard the awful sound of a car crash happening right in front of our apartment. The snowbanks are so high around here that it's very difficult to see oncoming traffic when making a left turn. Our neighbour was trying to do just that when they were T-boned by a speeding car. Our neighbour wasn't hurt, but the passenger of the car was hurt quite badly. Kind of a sad ending to a really fun afternoon.)
p.s. it wasn't really minus 130 degrees. I'm exaggerating.
p.p.s. Joshua now has a nasty drool-freeze rash (or something) on his chin. Him and I both agree it was worth it.
3 comments:
How fun, Jacki! We, too, have been enjoying the "warm" temps!
I CAN'T IMAGINE!!!!!! We are enjoying 60 - 70 degree weather, which in celcius I believe that is about 17 or 18! Pelting Rob with snow sounds fun though! ha!
Hey Jax - thanks for the comment. Did you notice my new blog header is tony.lisa.kai.luca.??? haha. Thinka the baby. And yup, you are not the only parent pulling your hair out at the antics and mellodrama of siblings. (They are so angelic when they're not together!) I'm praying this one is one of those miracle children that sit and suck their thumb and take it all in stride (however based on my track record...i'm hooped.)
Post a Comment