Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Birthday Party (Joshua's take on it all)

Hi everyone. I'm here to tell you about my first birthday party. My mom saw those frog napkins at Hallmark where she works and figured she'd throw me a frog party. She even drawed frogs on my cupcakes, but they didn't look much like frogs to me!!The day before my party daddy surprised mommy by decorating the house while she was at work. He sure knows how to make her day!

We got bored waiting for the party to start so Ellie gave me a most excellent birthday gift to help pass the time! A DRUM! Daddy is teaching me new skills every day.
Then the party started. For some reason everyone kept wearing these silly glasses. First my cousin Regan:Then my crazy uncle Jon...
And Ellie too. I think the glasses got stepped on and broken by the end of the night. Which is good, or they probably would have stuck them on me too.

Uncle Jon is one of my favourite guys in the whole world. He's got lots of skills....like wiggling his ears and making the best faces in town!Auntie Karla, Regan and Ellie had fun watching videos of Regan.
This is my little cousin Drew, who is pretty cute if you ask me! We're going to wrestle together one day.

And then it was SUPPER TIME! My favourite time of day. Ellie and Regan got to sit at their own table...

...because our apartment is a little squishy.

We had one of my best foods - SPAGHETTI! Here I am getting tired of waiting for my cupcake.

Uncle Nathan got tired of waiting for his cupcake, too. I'm not sure WHAT exactly he did to my Grandpa...
But Grandpa sure didn't like it!!

Finally, CUPCAKE TIME! The glowy thing on top was awe-inspiring.

I didn't know if I was actually allowed to EAT this messy goodness! Everyone kept taking pictures so I just kept on smiling.

Mostly I just sticked my fingers in the icing. It felt reeeal good.

After mommy helped me get some in my belly, I started to feel really full...

Enough, I said! Enough! And no more pictures, either!!

Ellie liked hers better. Mostly she just ate the icing, though.

And finally it was PRESENTS time!! Regan and Ellie were very...uh...helpful.

I think Mommy and Grandpa both have a thing for 'capturing the moment'. It must be genetic.
I liked all my presents, but especially my new police car from Nana and Grandpa.
Sometimes the best presents aren't presents at all! This lion birthday card was super fun to pull to pieces.
Boy, was I ever tired after that. What a great idea, this whole 'birthday' thing. I think I'll do it again next year!

No comments: