Last night was our church's annual Christmas celebration. Normally we don't actually do a program or anything, just get together to talk and sing and laugh and eat great junk. Well this year we did a program that included at least half the church...including our family. I thought I'd post a couple of videos to give you a glimpse.
The first one is of Rob. He had the only recurring role in the program, playing the church janitor. As always, he went above the call of duty and made his throat sore with his version of a 'janitor's voice'. The kids LOVED it. This was the only segment I got on tape:
At one point he did something super funny...so funny that he not only had the whole church in stitches, but HE couldn't stop laughing either. Kind of similar to what happened to me a little earlier. Josh just wouldn't stop grabbing the microphone. The second line I tried to read I just entirely lost my composure:
Ellie had her first ever stage appearance (along with three of her little friends) and decided she liked it just fine!
And then after the program was over, Ellie had her first dance "recital". It was pretty cute! Ellie is a year and a half younger than the rest of the girls in her class, and when she first started, I doubted my decision to put her in...she had no idea what a "class" was, and didn't follow instructions. She would simply go off and sit on a couch, or find a toy to play with. So I went with her for a couple of classes to remind her to listen to Michelle, her teacher, and she's loved it ever since!
(The two girls on the right are twins, and couldn't seem to decide whose bells were whose. :) And Ellie was a bit obsessive about getting back on her piece of tape after every jump. :)
P.S. Apparently Joshua CAN talk! Suddenly he says "Eh-YEE" for Ellie, Mama, Dada, "na na" (for night night), "bah" for bottle, and "YA!" to answer any question you ask him. He shakes his head vigorously when you tell him "NO!", waves goodbye like a mad man, and as of yesterday, does the sign language for 'more' (he thought he was prett-ee great when he finally did the sign back at me :). But really he does none of these things on command - only on his terms. He's not as eager for approval as Ellie is. He's taken me a bit off guard, as I had prepared myself for late language development. But I'm not complaining. No, quite the opposite. I think I'm quite pumped!
3 comments:
That's awesome that Josh is starting to talk! Kiera still thinks it's a joke every time I try to get her to do the sign for "please." Maybe she'll catch on eventually.
Luca was absolutely PUMPED about Rob during the program. Its the only part he sat still for. He talks about it all day. First thing in bed this morning he was talking about him. When I found this video he had to watch it obsessively over and over and over again! Thanks Rob for the new obsession!
I was wondering what was happening on the other side of the stage. I couldn't see, I could only hear and was trying to imagine. Now I know.
Post a Comment