Well, another pretty non-eventful week just passed. Unless, of course, you think a baby's first hair cut is exciting! Check it out:
Joshua BEFORE:
Joshua AFTER:
I thought he'd throw a big huge fit, but I am learning that Joshua responds really well to new situations (as opposed to his sister, who is more cautious at first) - he loved every minute of it!
In other news, we got snow! Ellie is in love, which makes it less depressing for everybody!
Speaking of Ellie, her crazy antics never cease. This afternoon she broke her own record for quietest quiet time (she doesn't nap, but has to quietly play in her room.) After an hour and a half I decided to go get her. I go into her room and find her sitting on top of her upside down toy box with a HUGE grin on her face. She proudly says, "I hab a quiet quiet time!!" (you see, she gets to watch a video and pick something from her treasure chest if she stays in her room quietly). There was only one thing amiss:
Speaking of making me laugh, the other day Ellie was flipping through a pile of Macleans magazines which she does from time to time. She likes to find the silliest pictures she can, fake laughs till her face turns red, and then looks for more. Well, I was playing with Josh when suddenly I hear Ellie gasp, "Mommy! It's YOU!!" Needless to say, I was very curious just who it was in Macleans that Ellie thought I looked like (she often says this about people and it really does look like them!) So the picture on the left is, according to my daughter, me:
Another day Ellie came up behind me with Rob's measuring tape while I was doing my hair in the bathroom. She proceeded to measure my bottom.
"How big am I?" I asked.
"Three o'clock!" She declared! I'll go for that!
Ellie seems to be a bit perplexed by the fact that it gets dark so early now. One evening she asked to stick her head out the patio door. She took a loooong sniff and then asked, "How smells, Mommy?
Me, "How DOES it smell, Ellie?"
Ellie, "REAWY DARK!"
Okay one more. A few weeks ago I was going for a walk with Ellie and Josh and asked her, "What should we do tomorrow Ellie? We have no plans!"
Ellie: "No plants? No flowers?"
Me: "No, I mean we have nothing to do. No PLANS. What should we do?"
Ellie, all matter of fact: "Buy new plants and flowers!"
Some things just don't get through...:)
In other news, Rob was gone this past weekend to visit his Grandpa in Vancouver - a really quick, 2 day visit (not even enough time to call Jed and Elly!! Sorry guys!). Boy, did it ever make us all realize how much we love that guy. Ellie had an especially hard time with it, and manifested her emotions in all sorts of interesting ways (including potty ways). Here she is talking to him on the phone. She kept telling me that Daddy was at "MCC" (our local thrift store) with Grandma (confusing it with BC).
Other than that, nothing exciting happened here! I'll leave you all with the cuddliest sibling moment of the week:
5 comments:
Josh looks WAY older in the last picture! I love hearing Ellie stories. :)
Sad that I'm excited that another parent had a vasalined kid! Dawn takes out the grease quite nicely if you have time to let it sit for a while (in case you don't already know that!) Hurray that her quiet times are going well! Aiden's have been going much better lately since we have been able to take him off allergy meds- although today he was coming down every 5 minutes for another book. We'll see how that goes!
Hey Kim...I don't know what Aiden's like, but what's been working well for Ellie is the treasure chest (a tin I picked up at the thrift store)! If she stays in her room quietly until we come get her (oh - and she listens to Raffi in there, which she loves) then she gets to pick something (usually a small chocolate) from her treasure chest and watch a video. If she comes out, no Donut Man video! No treasure! She's learning fast. By the way, I thought of you when I was searching her room for vaseline spots...I thought for sure I'd have to call you. :)
And Elleah, I'm glad you like the stories - I didn't know if any one besides family would appreciate them. :) I'm sure you'll be telling Kiera's stories soon enough!
I always enjoy Ellie stories too! So funny!
Hurray for a lesson being learned quickly! I don't think the candy idea would work with Aiden since it would only make him more crazy :) but the reward idea is a good one. Lately we've been easing up on the rules and he took us up on it! I think today I'll switch out the toys and enforce the rules and we'll see how that goes. Part of the problem right now is that some days he has quiet time, some days he has a nap and some days he gets to play quietly. It's that lovely transition time between naps and quiet time and having enough energy to make it all day long. We had it figured out while he was on allergy medicine (he needed more rest then) but now that he's off, we've just got to figure it out again! Oh the joys! But God has richly blessed me with you and other moms to discuss this stuff with and figure out how it all works!
Post a Comment