WHA...?!? I didn't even know what to say. I'm going to have to figure out a 'back-talk' un-training strategy (any ideas are welcome!)
Shortly after she decided to read/sing us one of her favourite books, "The Three Little Kittens", and we decided to post that one as well. Again, kinda long. Sorry. Didn't feel up to editing the footage.
But one of things I enjoy the most is when Ellie starts to talk about God. Obviously, it's a priority for us to live out and teach her about how incredible God is...but when it starts to come out of her lips, "3 year old" style, we can't help but smile. Here's a few of her recent thoughts about God:
This morning Ellie had Shreddies for breakfast. As always, she stopped eating them once they crossed the invisible 'too-soggy' line. So I tried feeding them to her myself. Suddenly she closes her mouth, lifts her face to the ceiling, and says, "God?.....God?...You feed me my Shreddies?" Then looks at me and says, "I'm talking to God, Mommy. God is going to bring me new toys for Christmas!" To which I say, "He IS?!? Well, that'll be fun!" And she says, "Yup! God is going to bring me new toys for Christmas and we're going to DANCE together. I'm SO excited!"
The other day, I think also at the table, Ellie said (out of the blue), "Mommy, God will take care of you."
Me: "Thanks, Ellie. I needed to hear that."
Ellie: "Candy (that's one of her favourite stuffed sheep who was sitting nearby), God will take care of you too, and he lubs you VERY MUCH. Lord Jesus, please help Candy not to be afraid of Jesus. AyyyyyMEN.
Me: "That's a great thing to pray for Candy, Ellie."
Ellie: "God is eberywhere, Mommy. He's at church, at the hostible (hospital), in the sky, and in our house!" And ON Ellie's mind, I'd say! :)
A while back I was reading a stranger's blog (something I don't do often) and they wrote about a conversation they had with their 4 year old twins at the dinner table. They had been playing a little 'opposites' game with them and would say one word, like "cold" to which the twins would respond, "HOT!" Well the dad tried to stump the kids and asked them, "What's the opposite of heaven?" After a few moments of thinking the boy's face lit up and he responded, "NO COOKIES!" :) I told Rob this story, and a few days later we found ourselves baking a huge batch of white grandmother's cookies (my FAVOURITE!) to decorate for Christmas. We let Ellie help us for a little bit, and as she was squishing her little fingers in to the dough she suddenly pulled them out, folded them together and prayed emphatically, "THANK YOU, God for YUMMY COOKIES! AyyyyyyMEN!" Rob commented later that cookies must be one of the closest thing to Heaven on earth for children.
Probably on my top 30 list of closest things, too. :) That, and parenthood.
...Except for when the sass flies from the back seat.
2 comments:
That was quite the surprise ending to "The Three Little Kittens!" What a smart and funny girl you have!
So many comments, so little time! :)
1. Is she saying every time that they SHOULD have some pie? lol.
2. The 2 minutes and 44 seconds was totally worth the wait for the surprise ending - HAHAHA!! Loved that video!
3. I TOTALLY understand and share Ellie's distaste for cereal after it crosses the too-soggy line! This is why I buy the PC brand honey-nut cheerios, since the outer glaze of sugar helps keep the milk from soaking in too quickly! :)
4. I think you need to send me your recipe for the white grandmother's cookies. I've never tried to make them, but I DO love them & they ARE quite heavenly!
Post a Comment