Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Friday, December 21, 2007

A story mainly for Grandma and Grandpa's reading pleasure.

So we all know that Elianna is crazy about dressing up, hats, etc. Well the latest thing is UNdressing. It's kinda nice, actually, because she can play for loooong stretches at a time on her own now, simply taking her clothes off and trying to put them back on. (This is usually accompanied by very loud groans and grunts and then a shriek "IT'S HARD!") Well yesterday she was continuously removing her clothing as I was making supper. And then she went for her diaper. I told her 'no' several times, and then she did it again. So I said, "Ellie, if you take off your diaper, you have to pee on the potty like a big girl." Her eyes lit up, "OTAY!" (I've never offered her this choice before.) So we went to the bathroom and I said, "Which potty do you like, your little one, or the big one?" She chose the big one. So I put her naked little bum on there and held her tight and said, "Okay, now you go pee!!" And to my amazement, a look of concentration came across her face, and then we heard a very faint tinkly sound....PEE. Oh, the cheering that ensued! I never knew how thrilling pee could be. I guess she may be more ready for potty training than I give her credit for!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my!!! Congratulations Ellie!! (and her mommy and daddy!)
We may have to have a cousin potty training conference on Sunday!

Kimberly said...

Yup, I'll check. I think I have it still. It was with our winter clothing so it didn't go back with the rest of the stuff. I also have some older winter stuff that I can send your way as well. I'm not sure if we'll make it on Sunday- Sunday's are crazy days for us, so we'll see. There was a mix-up in the message.

Kimberly said...

Oh you know what- the white one I saw in our winter clothes is mine. I'm not sure about Karla's. I was planning on going through and bringing back all the stuff I have from you guys on Sunday so I'll let you know what I find. We usually used a bunting bag that fit in the carseat and then a purple snowsuit with Katie so I'm not remembering a white one. Do you have a bunting bag for your car seat? Would you like to borrow ours?