For the last two weeks Ellie's been an absolute broken record. Everywhere we go...Superstore, church, at home, all Ellie says is 'HI!' (which sounds more like 'hieeee'). "HI! HI! HI!", she says (accompanied by a vigorous wave and a huge toothy grin) to every person in sight. Including me. It does not matter if she's been around you all day. It does not matter if you just left to get a drink of water. It doesn't even matter if you haven't left the room at all! This girl is just itching to make adult conversation, even if at this point all that consists of is 'hi'.
The other day I walked into Ellie's room to wake her up from a nap. She was laying on her side facing away from me, breathing loudly, as though she was sleeping. Suddenly, even though I hadn't made a noise, she whipped onto her back with a huge smile on her face and said 'HI!' and laughed. Like she had tricked me.
I wonder what she'll be like when she's two?
The other day I walked into Ellie's room to wake her up from a nap. She was laying on her side facing away from me, breathing loudly, as though she was sleeping. Suddenly, even though I hadn't made a noise, she whipped onto her back with a huge smile on her face and said 'HI!' and laughed. Like she had tricked me.
I wonder what she'll be like when she's two?
9 comments:
I think Aiden and Ellie have been talking to each other! He's been a the "hi" and "bye" binge lately and yesterday when I got him up in the morning, he was picking his nose with a vengence!
Haha...Kim that's hilarious. How can we make a playdate happen?
A playdate would be lovely! Is Ellie still taking two naps or is she down to one yet? How does she do napping at other people's houses? Katie isn't very good at sleeping away from home, so if you have a vehicle then it would probably be easiest to do something here, otherwise we could come out and really make a day of it. Let me know what works for you!
how are your wrists treating you?
Kim...my wrist pain comes and goes, depending on the strain. This week is really good. After a while you just don't really notice it that much, and you just adjust how you do things (like turning on faucets without bending the wrist and not using capitols in emails to avoid using the shift key...silly things like that). Anyhow, we could possibly come out there for a playdate...and arrange it around Ellie's naps so that she sleeps in the car. She doesn't do great at other people's houses (except for my mom's). Let me talk to Rob about that...as you know, gas prices play into it a bit.
Oh those gas prices! I know, we cringe every time we have to fill up! If you guys come this way, we'll go 1/2 on the gas. Aiden sleeps for about 3 hours in the afternoon, usually starting between 1 and 1:30 so the morning would work best. When does Ellie nap in the morning?
Or coming for supper would work too (you're welcome any time!)- when does Ellie go down for the night? Does Rob go to bed then too with the morning shift?
Hey Kim,
Rob's going to be on evening shift for the next two weeks, so if it was for supper he wouldn't be able to come along...though that time of day might work really well for us! Ellie could have her two really regular naps and be all rested and ready to go. She usually goes to bed at 7:30, but we could just leave around that time and I'm sure she'd fall asleep in the car. Hmmm....I'm liking this idea!! Would a monday or tuesday work? I work on Wednesdays and Fridays, and have housegroup on Thursdays.
Sounds good. Either day will work. I'll try to give you a call tonight and actually talk in person :)
Post a Comment