Hey All. Just wanted to let you know that after a 1.5 hour wait at the walk-in clinic, Ellie was given a totally clean bill of health (no ear infection). Dontcha just love that? Actually, the wait ended up being a lot of fun, as Ellie made friends with an outgoing, in-your-face two year old named Jaden who kept pulling her clip out of her hair, and a shy 16 month old girl named Miriam. Her and Miriam discovered that they both knew how to sign for 'more'...and continued to sign for 'more' until they had completely finished off each others' snacks. Very cute. It felt a bit more like we were at a play group than in a waiting room. So teething is the problem, Motrin is our best friend these days, and Ellie's sleeping again. Today we're actually off to the doctor again to check out the wierdest diaper rash I've ever seen, Ellie's first. Hey, by the way: anybody out there have any opinions on vaccinations? Good/bad/useless?
Let me know!
p.s. Ellie's 26th word: Amen! (sounds more like "Men")
Soon she'll be shouting that out in church, I'll bet.
She seems like the type of kid to shout things out in church at inappropriate
(or strangely appropriate) times.
We'll see.
p.p.s. Ellie has gotten bored with her own nose. Her latest fascination is picking other people's noses. If they let her.
Let me know!
p.s. Ellie's 26th word: Amen! (sounds more like "Men")
Soon she'll be shouting that out in church, I'll bet.
She seems like the type of kid to shout things out in church at inappropriate
(or strangely appropriate) times.
We'll see.
p.p.s. Ellie has gotten bored with her own nose. Her latest fascination is picking other people's noses. If they let her.
5 comments:
Vaccinations are brutal on the parents (tough on the kid but easier than a diaper rash) but I get through it thinking of the horrible diseases that they will be mostly protected from by getting the shots. Aiden got all of them, including chicken pox, because I don't see the need for him to suffer if he doesn't have to (never mind that these diseases can leave lasting problems!) For example, if Aiden comes down with strep throat (something I get easily) I am thankful it will not likely turn into rubella because he's been vaccinated against it.
Why the question now? Has Ellie not gotten her early shots yet?
Hey Kim...Yeah, Ellie's gotten all her shots so far. Shortly before Christmas my aunt (who's a nurse) was telling me all the reasons why shots are no good, so i've been weighing the pros and cons ever since. I was curious to find out what other people think. I know that until i talked with my aunt i just let the doctors shoot whatever they wanted into ellie without really questioning it. Now it's time for her one year shots and I'm trying to make an informed decision, ya know?
On "joan of arcadia" God says "and informed decision is always better" even if you wind up making the same decision, at least you know exactly what and why you're doing it.
That's interesting that your aunt would be against them. All the research we've done has led us to think that Canadian shots are safe (there was the autism scare but that seems to have been disproven by reliable sources.) On a happier note, you're almost done. 18months is the last of the big block of shots.
Post a Comment