Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Our Night in a Nutshell

This photo was taken the other day, but it perfectly depicts our night last night. I was up with Ellie from 11:45pm until about 3:15 am. Ear infection? (she wailed every time I put her down) Teething? (she has three huge lumps where there will one day be molars) Who knows. She would only fall asleep when sitting on my lap, leaning on my chest. Which wasn't so bad, really. You know how it is...the older they get, the more precious it is when they're completely calm, still, and peaceful. No, I didn't mind so much.
This morning we've already trekked out to the store for some Motrin, and the second she's up from her nap (which I also had to rock her to sleep for) we are heading to the walk-in clinic.
I think I was going to post about something cute and fun.
I must be tired.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh I hope you have a better night tonight! (and that the doctor has wisdom.) I'm so glad that Aiden is done teething for now and Katie hasn't started!

Kristi said...

Good job looking at the positive in the midst of what could be very frustrating! That's a good mother!

Anonymous said...

what are you doing to my niece???? If you don't stop making her cry I'll come and bribe her with chocolate.