Well, it's been half an eternity since I last posted. Four kids under the age of 7 will do that to a blog, I suppose. :)
Anyhow, it's a new year and I've decided to tweak this page a little. Instead of desperately trying to keep up with my photos and all the things that go on around here (and fail miserably and lose my momentum and feel angst about lost memories...) I am going to simply post
pictures of blessings.
Because there are a lot of them.
Some days they are more difficult to find (like today :) but they are there,
often hiding in the mess.
I've started a notebook - a pink notebook - daily keeping track of gifts from my Jesus, big and small. As big as the clear blue sky outside; as small as Gloria's perfect little pinky fingernail. As big as having an amazing, faithful husband, as small as having a good hair day. :)
And sometimes when I have hand free of diapers and dishwater, I capture these treasures on camera.
So this will be the other place where I attempt to record God's faithfulness and generosity - but in pictures.
Because goodness knows this heart needs reminding as often as possible.
He is AWESOME.
And I need to practice my awe of Him.
So feel free to snoop in on the goodness of God going on in the middle of the hard stuff over here at the Balfour house. My prayer is that it stirs up a hunger in all of us to treasure Him more.
The Blessings:
(disclaimer...this is also a catch-up post so these photos are from the archives. :)
 |
| Sticky fingers, joy-filled eyes. |
 |
| A shared reading moment. |
 |
| A family photo that captures reality. |
 |
| Those eyes. |
 |
| Cars everywhere, always. |
 |
| Nana. |
 |
| Tongue-aided concentration. |
 |
| A father's delight in his girl. |
 |
| Baby snuggles. |
 |
| Passing on the love of books. |
 |
| A hand-held vacuum: putting the 'fun' in 'functional'. :) |
 |
| Those cheeks! |
 |
| The wonder of a new tradition. (We carved a cross in this one.) |
 |
| Baby joy. |
 |
| Learning to roll! |
 |
| Little 'helpers'. |
.jpg) |
| An unexpected visit from an old neighbour. |
 |
| Floor time. |
 |
| Baby skin. |
 |
| Getting that messy space in order. Yesss! |
 |
| Finding them under the tree. |
 |
| A cardboard guitar and hours of giggles. |
 |
| Caring for the younger ones. |
 |
| Monkey see, monkey do. |
 |
A little girl convinced of her need to be baptized.
 |
 |
| Fake camera smiles. |
 |
| Extra hands to love her. |
 |
| His favourite nonsense, multi-purpose word, "Bon bon bean!" |
 |
Brothers!!
 |
 |
| Sunny, quiet afternoons with the girl. |
 |
| Fresh air. |
 |
| Celebrating Advent freely. |
 |
| Another good eater. Eats till she pukes. |
 |
THOSE eyes.
 |
 |
| Amber teething beads. Pretty sure they're working. :) |
 |
| 5 months!! Love every month milestone! |
 |
| (Gloria likes getting older, too. ) |
 |
A strong immune system and mercy from the Lord that helped Gloria conquer a horrible cold. A sister to cuddle her. |
 |
| Baking on Christmas morning. |
 |
| Celebrating the King of all Kings. |
 |
| Giving him a gift just right. |
 |
| That smile. |
 |
| Her first Christmas. |
 |
| (she just woke up) |
 |
| That he loves music. |
 |
| Her love of creating. |
 |
| The exersaucer. One of the best inventions known to man. |
Will post January blessings shortly...
1 comment:
While I was looking through your blessings I would pick a favorite picture, but there were too many favorites that I lost track! LoL! They're all so sweet! You have a precious family. :)
Post a Comment