Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

A Tinker Town Day

The leaves on the tree outside my window now have yellow edges, so I figure I had better get on posting some of our summer photos before summer is over. This post is more for myself than anyone else. Because I don't print photos (there are too many!) - this blog ends up acting as our virtual photo album. In case you want to peek anyways, here are some (unedited...didn't have time) photos of a SUPERB day we had at Tinkertown in July. We left Micah elsewhere and got the kids all-day bracelets for the first time...so they had the freedom to go on the Merry-Go-Round a kazillion times if they chose to.

Which of course, they did. 

Here's Rob, husband/father/leader extraordinaire...proving his dad-ness by waiting in line to unload a truckload of cash just so we could make ourselves dizzy and sick. What a great sport. 

How Ellie and Josh felt about what was to come:

They were in fact, rather affectionate all day.
Special events seem to make them want to hold hands and stuff:

 The train ride that always looks more fun than it actually is:

I'm not sure who or what they are supposed to shoot!? At least they're not aimed at each other. That's right kids - you cover each others backs!!

Waiting in line for the bumper cars. I waited and zoned out. Apparently Ellie waited and zoned in. By the time we got close to our turn she said, "Mom let's choose purple car number 13. Purple number 6 isn't working that well." That or the 6 year old driving it by herself simply couldn't reach the gas pedal...

Since I have nothing to say about his giant blue lady bug, I'll use this as an opportunity to report that this girl got her first loose tooth yesterday! I admit my stomach dropped when I felt it wiggle. I suppose she really is going to grow up, after all.

They went twice. I went once. I like the ferris wheel in theory much more than in actuality.

Ride number 1 of kazillion...it's really all about picking a cool horse. 

I hope the poor teenager placed in charge of running this ride...
...had earplugs!!

Our short-legged, tall-torsoed children:


Is it just me, or is she thinking that in 10.5 extremely short years
she ain't going to be pretending anymore?

Not so sure about the start of the roller coaster. He ended up loving it!

"To kick her, or not to kick her...?"

And that smile, ladies and gentlemen, pretty much sums up our day:

Highlight of the trip: Rob and I convinced the kids to ride the big ship ride with us. You know, the one that swings back and forth? We told them that if we sat in the middle 'we'd hardly feel it moving'. HA! Rob and I scream-laughed the entire time while trying desperately to keep our kids from flying off the ride, and I was heard shouting, "WHAT WERE WE THINKINGGGGG????" while the kids just buried their heads in our laps and waited for it to be over. 
Surprisingly, they still trust us.

1 comment:

CAndruman said...

Looks like an awesome day! And you're right, that train ride is never as fun as you think it's gonna be. LoL!