Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Ellie turned 5 two days ago, and I love her more than ever.


Here are just a few of the many things (in pictures)
that make me celebrate this little girl gift from God:


Since she was 18 months she has seldom spent an entire day in regular clothing.


And even if they were regular, they are likely not found on the correct part of her body. How can this not make any day...better?


Her big eyes that notice everything. And remember everything.


Her crazy side.


That look she gives me that tells me everything is sentimental and worthy of keeping. Cards, wrapping paper, broken pieces of a wreath, a feather, you name it. Drives me crazy and makes me love her.

Life is one big dance to her.

She is my best babysitter.

The times we have on this bed. Tears, apologies, frustrations vented, giggles, chapter books read, 'gross' kisses and lots and lots of tickling.

She won't let me wash off month-old tattoos (which her cousin Regan kindly and secretly bestows upon her on a regular basis). :)

She has so many friends we don't know how to plan a birthday party without tears. She would invite her dentist and the store cashier if she could.

When she makes her bed she sets up her animals for their portraits to be taken. Often. I wonder who her mom is? :)

She is (often) kind and tolerant towards her silly, teasing little brother and they are best friends. He would like to marry her. I don't blame him!

She spends her allowance on things like this.
I can only imagine what her room will look like in a year!

She's brilliant and it makes no difference to her.

She has a relationship with Jesus. I pray she always does.

She loves dates as much as I do. 
Happy Birthday, Sweet Pea! 
I love you more than words...or pictures...could ever say.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love how you celebrate your family! These are great pictures. It is so beautiful that you capture the many facets of your daughter. Your love for her shines bright and clear. Way to go Mommy! By the way, your family picture is amazing!

Kimberly said...

Oh the saving! Oh the decorating! Ellie and Katie were made to live in castles if for no other reason than the storage room!

Have you discovered "Fancy Nancy" books yet?

Allison said...

Tears of joy! Beautiful post!

Elleah said...

Happy belated birthday! Love the pictures and the stories behind them!