Well I figured after my friend Cheryl posted this post I ought to put up some pictures of how white it really is around here. Yesterday and today are the kind of days that make us Manitobans feel spoiled rotten. The kind of days that make us feel like perhaps, just perhaps, we can make it through the winter with a smile on our faces after all. The kind of days that make us a little less tempted to move away...somewhere southern...like Texas.
Yes folks, it's been above 0 degrees C for the last two days.
And we celebrate this little kiss from La Nina by bundling up TWICE a day to play outside, eat snow, and build forts. We celebrate by lining up dripping snow pants and soaked mitts on the hot air vents to dry. We celebrate by daring to run outside to throw out the trash without a face mask on. :)
Today I am thankful for warmer-than-average temperatures,
for an abundance of ski-pants and gloves and hats,
and on all the other days of winter,
COMMAND START in our van!













2 comments:
I agree, Jacki! It feels like there is light at the end of the long tunnel of winter:)
I guess it's all about perspective. I can't imagine ever saying, "Well, it's just above 0 degrees, kids, lets get all bundled up and go outside." :) Ha!
As a kid, I grew up in snow, so I know how magical it can be, but now as a mom, I am not sure I would want to deal with it.
Blessings to you, crazy Canadians! ;)
Post a Comment