Joshy is at that delightful 2 year old stage where his vocabulary is bigger than his understanding. The result? He keeps us quite entertained with his commentary on life. Here's a little sample:
Josh was poking at his bum after bath time.
Mommy: "Josh, is your bum okay?"
Josh: "Yeah, it's a little bit nauseous."
Mommy: "Nauseous?"
Josh: "Yeah, it's a little bit sword." (sore)
Hehe. Time for some bum cream!
Josh is trying to get a sense of time, but it's not working out so well for him:
"Diego is SO BIGGER than a few MINUTES!"
"I LOVE a tinkle treat a WHOLE WEEK AGOs!"
"I LOVE Madge ALL NEXT WEEK!"
Mommy: "Josh, could you please go check the time for me?" (a diversion while I changed Micah's bum)
Josh runs to the kitchen and I hear him chanting, "One, two, two, four, four, polka-dot, three."
He runs back to the living room.
Mommy, "So? What time is it?"
Josh: "Time for Micah to go to BED!"
Ellie: "Josh, you're so funny."
Josh: "No, I'm handsome."
Ellie: "Josh, you're funny AND handsome."
Josh: "NO, I'm JUST HANDSOME!"
Ellie: "Joshy, Rice Krispies say, 'Snap Crackle Pop.'"
Josh: "NOOO. They say 'snack pack HONK', Ellie!"
(This boy will argue to the death about ANY THING.)
Getting dressed one morning, I put Josh's new Nike t-shirt on.
Josh: "THANK YOU, Mommy! You found my A-tar (guitar) shirt! Good job!"
(I guess the Nike logo looks a LITTLE bit like a guitar!?)
Same conversation every single night before bed:
Mommy: "Josh, would you like me to cover you with a blanket?"
Josh: "Ummm....no thank-you. I'm not cold. Or warm."
Mommy: "Joshy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Josh: "Ummm...I want to be a WORKER, like Daddy. I want to be a TRAIN DRIVER, and hop on a big BIG Thomas!!"
I'll bet you do. We love you, train-loving, smiling, goofy little arguing Joshua!










7 comments:
So funny
Jacki, your photography is FANTASTIC! And your blog design! I LOVE IT! Did you design this yourself?
I love all the photo too, great job!! I love Joshua!
Allison Harder :)
That was great! Your blog makes me feel all warm inside :)
So cute and entertaining!
The ones about time make me laugh because Justice has similar sayings where he talks about "10 years ago" and "16 pounds o'clock"? Where do these kids come up with these things? :)
Wow, Jacki, your photos are incredible! And I've got to say your kids really say some of the funniest things I've heard:)
Post a Comment