Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hangin' Out

When I uploaded my photos onto the computer the other day, I realized (to a true blogger's delight) that if I stretched it a little bit (okay, maybe a lot), they all had something in common: HANGIN' OUT. Let me illustrate:

We had a grand total of TWO nice days last week (I feel like I'm in Vancouver again!) but we enjoyed every moment of them. Ellie was ecstatic to be allowed to HANG OUT on our newly snow-free deck...
And Joshua was too! There is nothing that quite compares to watching the wonder on a baby's face as they discover a world they can't remember from the year before. Joshua was busy for a loong time crawling in and out of our patio doors, amazed that there was actually a way out of our apartment that he could navigate himself! He, too, was more than thrilled to HANG OUT in the great outdoors:


Lately Ellie has discovered a new favourite place to HANG OUT:On top of Daddy. In fact HANGING OFF of Daddy is just as, if not more fun:
(Ellie likes to called Daddy "Rinky Dinky Donkey" when she rides his back. I can't decide if it's downright hilarious or borderline disrespectful. :)

Last week when our friend Tyler was over, he taught Joshua a skill he'd been trying to master for months: getting on the couch (strangely enough, Tyler was here two years ago when Ellie learned the same thing.) So this is most definitely Joshua's favourite place to HANG OUT:Ellie, of course, also appreciates the couch, but has recently learned it's more fun to HANG upside-down, often pretending to be a bat......but sometimes for a good read, as well.

Lately it's become apparent that I have TWO big fans of dressing up in the house. I guess Joshua is just following the only example he knows - Ellie. Here she is with her 25 cents worth of necklaces from our local thrift store. The necklaces are, of course HANGING around her neck.
It's not uncommon for us to find things HANGING around Joshua's neck quite regularly, like this necklace and headband combo, for instance:
Or his ultimate favourite, a stethoscope:

And speaking of all things HANGING, here's one more to leave you with - the concentration drool. Always hanging! It's the most disgusting when he starts to play with the sticky drool strings.

So there you have it. You're more than welcome to come HANG OUT with us anytime. :)

2 comments:

Elleah said...

I always enjoy hanging out with you! Great pictures!

Becky said...

"Rinky dinky donkey"...too funny!