
As Ellie grows she continues to distract us from the fact that we don't have TV in the house - because she is the entertainment! (along with her side-kick Josh, of course. I'm sure I'll be doing Josh-isms any day now with the amount of spunk, humor, and cuteness he is currently displaying).
One of Ellie's favourite games to play (fairly regularly) is Miriam and Moses. Any time she spies an empty basket, the temptation proves to be too much for her. She quickly locates any willing candidate to be Moses (in this case, "Pink Piggy"), drapes her blanky over her head and becomes his big sister Miriam:

Another favourite activity is role-playing the story of Zacchaeus and Jesus (from Luke 19 if you're not familiar with it.) Usually it's Ellie who climbs up onto the top of the chair and yells for "Jesus" to come catch her (any one of us will do). In this particular case she decided Rob needed to be Zacchaeus in the tree:

They had me giggling when "Zacchaeus" jumped into "Jesus'" arms.
And some other excerpts from Ellie's journal...

Mommy: "Ellie, what is your full name?"
Ellie: "Ellie Joy MRS. Balfour!"

Ellie's take on the four seasons: "Now comes snow, then spring, then fall and then GRASS!"

To Rob, upon finding my bra lying on my bed (while I was at work): "*Gasp* Look! It's mommy's BOOBY thing!"

One morning I turned on some praise and worship music to listen to. Ellie asked if I was going to listen to Brain Doerksen (Rob's favourite). "Nope," I replied,"I'm going to listen to Kathryn Scott." Ellie thought about this for a while and then said, "My worship leader is called RAFFI."
(Any old Raffi fans out there?)

One afternoon Ellie was playing pretend with Rob, who was feeling rather sluggish and wouldn't get off the couch. So Ellie improvised: "You can be 'Mr. On-The-Couch' and I will be 'Mrs. Mommy-In-The-Whole-Wide-World.'"

One can tell very easily that Ellie is a firstborn girl who has had no exposure to guns. She loves to play camping. And there's always a bear that comes along. Ellie bravely goes out to 'hunt' the bear (having heard the word 'hunt' before), and proceeds to jump around yelling "HUNT! HUNT! HUNT!" She's always a little unsure what to do with her hands. I love it. I wonder how long until Josh teaches her how it's really done? :)

Ever since she received one for her birthday, Ellie has had an unusual way of pronouncing the word "cash register". One day Ellie, Rob and I were all in the kitchen getting supper ready one when I realized that Josh was being very quiet by himself in the living room. "Ellie," I said, "Could you go to the living room and make sure Joshua isn't getting into trouble?" "I'll go see," says Ellie. So she took a few steps, peered into the living room and said,
"Nope!
He's not in trouble.
He's just playing with the CASTRATOR."
6 comments:
The "Castrator" made me laugh! What a silly kid!
That was adorable. Thanks for the laugh.
she is such a hoot! I had more than a few chuckles! hahah
Wow....she must be so much fun! And yes, my kids also like Raffi:) "Castrator"...too cute!
I can teach her what to do when she hunts bears!
this girl is one interesting and adorable little character!
Post a Comment