Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The day is near...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe Ellie's crawling days will be ending in weeks, if not days (maybe even hours??) Yesterday in the middle of reading stories, Ellie suddenly went into her upside-down position and then proceeded to stand up! In the middle of the room! And then walk to me! And she did this several times! Something in my head says that this is the step that was needed in order for Ellie to make the move to walking. Now, like her crawling up onto the couch skills (which she still has), she learned this new trick while hopped up on sugar (hey. we're on vacation here! :) but I'm encouraged. She's got two weeks to master this walking thing if she wants to keep up with her mama (I started walking late as well- at 16 months). Anyhow, as always, out came the camera:

The upside-down position.
This move is accompanied by much groaning. :)
Voila!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought I saw her walking around on her own at the shower...?

Jacki said...

Nope. She was always hanging on to someone's hand. Either that or she'll walk back and forth between people with encouragement. But now she gets up and walks on her own. Not all the time, but more and more often. i'm lovin' it.