This week Monday I turned 27 and Rob sure went all out to make me feel blessed. I had no clue he had such a stellar gift up his sleeve. So he put the memory card for the camera you see above in my birthday card, and I (being slightly technologically retarded) thought it was something to store our thousands of pictures of Ellie on. Not a particularly MOVING gift, but I was satisfied, nonetheless. Then Rob said, "That doesn't work in our old camera. Go look on the bed downstairs." And there, on our bed, was this beautiful shiny piece of wonderful. Made me cry. I've been taking pictures ever since. (Not that that's anything new.) Then we went to the zoo for the day and had a picnic and everything about it was PERFECT...perfect weather, perfect amount of people there, Ellie was great...it was just awesome. After we came home we brought Ellie to her cousin's house to play and went out for dinner on our own. Put Ellie to bed and watched a rented movie and VOILA, a perfect day had just occured. Thanks, Hun!! Anyhow, below are some memories from our trip to the zoo.
Treasuring the blessings, one by one...
Sunday, May 13, 2007
A Wonderful Birthday
This week Monday I turned 27 and Rob sure went all out to make me feel blessed. I had no clue he had such a stellar gift up his sleeve. So he put the memory card for the camera you see above in my birthday card, and I (being slightly technologically retarded) thought it was something to store our thousands of pictures of Ellie on. Not a particularly MOVING gift, but I was satisfied, nonetheless. Then Rob said, "That doesn't work in our old camera. Go look on the bed downstairs." And there, on our bed, was this beautiful shiny piece of wonderful. Made me cry. I've been taking pictures ever since. (Not that that's anything new.) Then we went to the zoo for the day and had a picnic and everything about it was PERFECT...perfect weather, perfect amount of people there, Ellie was great...it was just awesome. After we came home we brought Ellie to her cousin's house to play and went out for dinner on our own. Put Ellie to bed and watched a rented movie and VOILA, a perfect day had just occured. Thanks, Hun!! Anyhow, below are some memories from our trip to the zoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment