Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Hi everyone! Here's some new photos of Elianna for those of you who are far away and can't see her in person. Things here are going really wonderful...what a peaceful and quiet little town we've moved to! Everywhere I go I run into someone I used to know who's all grown up (or has grey hair) now. We've been spending tons of time with the family (my sister Leila came out for the weekend, so we had a family pizza night, a kabob night, and this morning, a big waffle breakfast) and also just going for walks, meeting up with old friends, or hanging out at home. Rob still hasn't found a job but has had some great interviews. We're not worried, knowing that God is in control and can open up a door whenever He wants to...but your prayers are appreciated! He has always provided, and always will. Speaking of which, we really needed a couch to fill our living room with, and we figured we'd just get a used one until we're more established. Well, I was praying about this and asked God to help us find one. The next day I looked online and called the number of a guy who had a couch and swivel rocker for sale. He called back and we arranged for a time to meet the following afternoon. Wouldn't you know (this is my home town, for ya) he's the brother of my uncle's wife, who I've known for years (which is good, because really you don't want to buy a couch from just anybody - it's better to know WHOSE germs you're sitting on :). Not only that, but he says that after he got off the phone with me, not knowing who I was yet, he felt God prompt him to give us the couch and chair for free. :) SWEET! You may catch glimpses of these beautiful pieces of furniture in the background of the photos. :) hehe...beggars can't be choosers! At least they're super comfy. Anyhow, hope you're all doing well. Talk to you soon!

No comments: