Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Summer (pre-Gloria)

I just realized I had better hustle my bustle if I'm going to keep up with all the photos around here. I just discovered a bunch of photos from just before Gloria's birth that I don't want to get lost in the abyss of photos on my external hard drive.  So please bear with my 64-photo blog post, filled with memories that will otherwise be lost in the deep recesses of my baby brain. :)

Gettin' a garden = gettin' muddy.





We call these things 'ponna ponna poofs' at our house (long story). Micah hadn't quite mastered the art of blowing the seeds off.

He's excellent at spitting, however.

Yummy. :)

Slinky boy saved up enough allowance for yet another slinky that would last all of 3 days. (I'm secretly loving Joshy's obsession with all things stretchy. :)

Summer in the city! 
We stuck to our tradition of only doing things that were free or extremely cheap. We save our money for our annual trip to Tinker Town. One nauseating day per summer is enough for us.

That would be Josh's 'I'm going to squish-hug the life out of you' face.

That smile is worth the $2, 1 minute ride.


Josh won. Rob lost. HEHE!

Third-born Micah doesn't get out much, and goes into silent observation mode in new settings.


A puppy!



Our friend Amanda is a wonderful artist!

Waiting...

 Hmm...Josh chose to be a blue dog. Who would have ever guessed?


And Ellie chose to bless Josh by becoming his pink dog friend.

Waiting for our tractor-train ride to start.

Rob got impatient.


 Mini-donuts make everything better. :)



These kids rock the bouncy castles.


Rob and I could feel heat-stroke coming on (particularly me - 9 months prego!) so we bribed the kids back to the van early by buying them each their very own bottles of sugar. :)


Father's Day at 'The Zoo'.
We got rained out.
It was a fun picnic however. And then we spent the rest of the evening in a McDonald's playground. :)
Here's a good chunk of the kids and their cousins...including a few friends who have become family.

Apparently I took a lot of pictures of Micah this day.

 He likes to use the freedom of picnics as opportunities to gorge himself on chips.

...so do all the kids.





At the Lake
My parents have started renting a cabin for one week in June each year, and we join up with them for a night or two. The highlights are daily ice cream parties and long hours spent at the beach.
Ice cream = ENERGY!


A 'get-off-of-me' brother sister moment.

God is good to me! Love these two handsome guys.

My wonderful parents. They have been a big part of our adjusting well to four kids this summer. :)

Ahhh...the beach!






My view that day.  Hi Gloria!





Monkey bar princess. You should see the calluses on her palms!






No comments: