This year, like all baby's first years, has had it's ups and downs, but mostly ups. Micah is a
joy and a delight
and has all of us madly in love with him. He is peaceful and independent and when crossed, has a temper like the rainstorm mentioned earlier. :) He enjoys pulling our un-nailed baseboards off the wall, throwing food on the floor and poking Joshy's eyes. He still army crawls, and it's impossible to lose Micah because he grunts wherever he goes (quite the workout). He gives the best hugs ever, and very occasionally regales us with his few words, 'Dada', 'Mama', 'wow' and 'ba' (balloon). He loves to dance, clap, laugh and WRESTLE!
But most of all Micah likes to watch.
And around here, there's plenty of action!
And around here, there's plenty of action!
Needless to say, Micah's life is worth celebrating, so this past weekend, that's what we did! (however, I will sheepishly admit that with every birthday party I plan, the less effort I put in. This particular party didn't even have a THEME. WHAT is HAPPENING to me?!)
My, they're in tune with one another!
My nephew Drew showing off his belly button. This kid makes me giggle!
Micah's friend Emily didn't want to leave her mom's lap for fear of bugs. That's what these long winters do to the poor children: they forget what bugs are.
We all shared a quick and easy 'faspa' type supper:
"Ma, are you sure I'm supposed to EAT this stuff?"
Micah, I love you more than words can say!
I am so looking forward to the ups (and downs) your second year will bring.
xoxo
Mommy




















3 comments:
Once again one of your boys has stolen my heart. Beautiful pictures Jacki.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY MICAH !!
Happy first birthday Micah! <3 Dela Fuentes
Great post Jacki, and Happy 1st Birthday Micah! I can't believe he's already a year old! I love your pictures too, he is so adorable! And I love how, even though there are similarities, he looks different from Ellie and Josh. It looks like he had a very special birthday celebration!
Post a Comment