You could say I'm a little late posting about thankfulness seeing as Thanksgiving was uh...oh dear - almost two weeks ago! On the other hand, we could just pretend we all live in the US and I'm actually quite delightfully early! Or perhaps - and I think I'll go with this one - we could all agree that every day is a good day to be thankful. So I choose today.
I am thankful.
I have so much to be thankful for, it would be crazy to even try to write it all down. But here are a few things that make my heart full this year around Thanksgiving:
1. I am alive. At any moment Jesus could choose to take my breathe away. But He hasn't! And every moment I have here is a gift.
2. I have salvation. I deserve Hell because I am human and so not like God in millions of ways. Yet I will never taste Hell because Jesus took my place on the cross and bore my gross, disgusting sin on His own shoulders. Wow. I have an eternity of tearless, painless, hunger-less, problem-less JOY to look forward to...not to mention getting to see Jesus face to face and finally understanding how much He TRULY loves me. This will be grand!
3. Every day that's rough and hard and gross I have #2 to think about, and I become more thankful.
4. For some reason, Jesus gave me a husband who loves me more than I thought any human capable of loving any other human. Rob is faithful, honest, hard-working, prayerful, respected, intelligent, funny, gifted, humble, fun-loving and amazing...and he's mine! I am so thankful.
5. For some reason, Jesus decided it would be easy for me to have kids. And He's given me three miracles. They are not always easy miracles - but they are beautiful, original miracles, and they make me smile and laugh more than anyone. They teach me so much about trusting Jesus. And I am so thankful!
6. I am not in control. I always used to think I'd be happier if I was. But please see #5. Control is a most definitely a thing of the past! And folks, I am (slowly) learning to love the chaos. And I'm learning to have a sense of humour. I am learning that TICKLING solves a multitude of problems! And I am having FUN. And I am so thankful!
7. I have a house. And a van. And couches. And a sandbox. And most recently, a beautiful coffee table. And all were gifts from God after I asked Him! He owns the whole earth, AND He actually cares enough about each of us - about ME - to answer when we ask Him. He is so faithful. And I am so thankful!
8. I finally figured out what colour I'd like to paint my kitchen. :) 'Nuff said.
9. I have amazing friends. They are all so different and so amazing.
10. There is a cinnamon bun waiting to be eaten on my counter. Thankfulness oozing out my pores...
Yup. Thanksgiving has passed and we've probably all done our traditional 'what I'm thankful for' sharing around the table, but please humour me and leave me a comment -
what are YOU thankful for today!?
what are YOU thankful for today!?
p.s. These are the photos we're NOT using for the Christmas card. Notice Micah's puke in that last one? :)
"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15
"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15





6 comments:
I love and enjoy reading all your posts Jackie. It has inspired me to start joining the blogosphere soon.
I'm definitely thankful for your #2 as well - a family member recently received the gift of salvation and I was reminded of God's incredible goodness, kindness, mercy and love in how He jealously pursues us and tenderly woos us to Himself! I could use more of your #6 - Lord help me to have a sense of humor and to find joy even in the tough moments! :) And recently I have been thankful for the gift of prayer - that God on His high and lofty throne takes delight and pleasure in hearing and answering the prayers of the weak and lowly and that He has chosen to allow us to partner with Him in accomplishing His dreams!
Love your list and the pictures! I am thankful for Jesus, smiles, food, a house and everything in it, jobs, schooling that is paid for not by us (although it's been hard to be thankful for that one lately), God's grace, 3 nights in a row of sleeping through the night (praise God!), that I get to be at home full-time, my family, friends...I could go on all day! :)
Jacki, you are so creative and fun! I love reading your blog:) I am thankful that God's mercies are new every morning...even when I have a tough day with a grumpy baby or fighting children! I am thankful for Jesus' love and protection....that I don't need to worry. I am thankful for His provision, which continually amazes me. I am thankful for the creativity and uniqueness of my family and friends! Bless you, Jacki:)
What a gifted photographer! Who was she/he?
Oh Jackie, it is good to hear about the joy in your lives these days, and wish you guys wern't so very far away! Enjoyed reading your thatnkfuls, though it took me a second to figure out which "#2" you were so thankful for! haha.
Love ya!
Kirsta
Post a Comment