Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cheers to eight years!



Monday of this week marked eight years since I said 'yes' to marrying my best friend!
I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

These eight years have been joyful and wonderful...and painful and difficult.
Lots of laughter, lots of tears.
Full of surprises, full of the ordinary.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Every day I become more aware of how blessed I am to be married to Rob. Every day I become more aware that God intends marriage to be a tool to grow us into His likeness...and that isn't always pleasant.

Rob Balfour, I love and respect you! And here are eight reasons why:

1. You make me feel special and beautiful every day.
2. You love the Lord and work hard at becoming the man, husband and father He intended you to be, even when it's not easy.
3. Our kids have a dad who loves them enough to "date" them, discipline them, and to die for them.
4. You and I parent as a team. I wouldn't trade that for millions of dollars.
5. You pray for me.
6. You're great at things I'm rotten at (finances, digging up nasty over-grown plants, killing spiders, bath time with the kids, preaching, listening before you speak, etc.) We balance each other.
7. You work hard at your job and have earned the respect and trust of your employers.
8. After all these years, I still have more fun with you than anyone else in the world!

Thank you, Lord, for holding our marriage in the palm of your hand!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on 8 years!!

Anonymous said...

I'm near tears, that was beautiful! Happy Anniversary!
Allison Harder :)

Kathy said...

a very nice tribute to 8 years! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

yay for y'all! we love you guys. may God mold you more into the image of His Son over the years to come. congratulations!

Elleah said...

Happy anniversary you two! I am blessed by how you both seek to glorify God.