Treasuring the blessings, one by one...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hide and Seek, Mama!

Ellie's newest game she LOVES to play is "Hide the Anything." You know, hide the jar of baby food in the pot, hide the wooden puzzle pieces in a book, hide my face under a blanket...
Well my all-time favorite was the other day when I was getting Elianna ready for her bath. I had given her a couple of objects to play with on the floor by the bath mat while I went back and forth to the bedroom getting her stuff ready for her bath. Suddenly (from the bedroom) I hear Ellie doing her notorious fake-sounding laugh, "Ha ha ha ha ha!" Curious, I go back to the bathroom and see Ellie quickly pull away from where she had been bent over by the bath mat. She looks up at me with a huge grin and goes, "Hahaha!" As I get down on her level to see what's so funny, she throws the bath mat back, and hiding underneath is my DEBIT CARD. (I hadn't realized she was playing with that.) Good thing she thought it was so hilarious or that would have been the second time I would have had to cancel the thing in a month! She's got this THING for that debit card. No other card has the same effect. I pull it out at the grocery store and immediately Ellie pulls herself straighter, opens her mouth wide and goes, "Ah! AH! AHHH!" If I give it to her to hold she fake laughs, "HAHAHA!" and tries to swipe it. Or holds it out to strangers. The cashiers love it. They also love it when I hand them a debit card dripping with saliva. Anyhow, like other fun toys (baby wipes, the phone, Rob's shoe) the novelty will probably eventually wear off. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: