A Lil' Bit About ME
by Elianna (Ellie) Joy Balfour
Hi folks. I've been waiting awhile to tell you all a bit about myself, but my MOM just can't seem to find the time to sit down at the computer and type it out for me! Every time I fall asleep she goes against everyone's good advice and cleans up the house, because she has a hard time relaxing when my poopy diapers and spitup cloths are lying all around the joint.
So I've been in the world for 3 weeks and 1 day now, and I've gotta say, it's not as bad as I originally expected. Coming out of my little place in the womb was pretty scary, because I somehow managed to wrap my umbilical cord around my neck three times and I couldn't really breath at first. Yikes. I still seem to have a bit of trouble with my esophogus and it might be because of that, who knows? After I eat (my very FAVORITE thing to do!) my mom and dad have to hold me upright for a while so I don't get acid reflux. I hate acid reflux. I almost never cry, except when my throat starts to get that horrible burny feeling. Mom and dad just hold me and sing until I feel comfortable again. At least they figured this out now, and finally stopped trying to burp me - I don't have a lot of burps - just heartburn! I also have to sleep with my bed raised up 45 degrees, but I don't mind so much. Sometimes when mom and dad lie me down to sleep, I accidently let one 'rip' , because of the gravity. :) Mom is a little afraid I might have one of my poop explosions in church sometime, because they're SO loud, the whole congregation would hear for SURE!
My favorite new pastime is going out for walks with mom or dad in my Baby Bjorn, or the front carrier. I fall asleep almost right away, every time! This was a relief to my mom who took me to the doctor in it yesterday, and didn't know for sure if i'd like it. Well I LOVE it! Today was really nice out and me and dad and mom and Auntie Leila went for my first ever walk in the forest! I didn't really see anything because I slept the whole entire time!
My eyes seem to be focusing a bit better these days, and I've started to look at my mom and dad's faces really intently now. They seem to like that. They keep telling me how excited they're going to be to see me smile. I'm WORKING on it! I give them these cute little 'gassy' smiles in my sleep, just so they can see how cute i'll be once I've figured out how to do it on purpose.
I make a lot of squeaking noises. A few nights ago mom had a dream that a hamster jumped into my crib, and she jumped up to make sure it wouldn't bite me. Then she woke up, and it was just me squeaking in my sleep. Hehe - tricked her! She calls me her "Hamster" now, among many other crazy names that ma and pa think are cute.
Well, it's time for dinner now (wonder what's on the menu tonight!?) and then I have to have a bath. I still hate baths. Hope mom makes the water warmer this time.
So that about sums up what there is to know about me, in a little nutshell.
Thanks for all your letters and comments! I hope I can meet all these people that mom and dad love so much one day soon.
Love, Ellie
1 comment:
Such a cute blog idea Jackie!
Post a Comment